We made it YA’LL!! It’s the last few days of the year and if you are anything like me, you are anxious, overwhelmed, but so excited and ready for this year to be OVER!!
There are many things to be proud of, but again, if you are anything like me, it’s easy to feel like you are not where you should be.
So let’s reflect together and get ready for 2017!
There is a lot that I have processed and learned this year. I have gained so much experience from friendships, new and old. I feel like I have really taken control of my life and actively pursued my happiness, cutting off anything that got in the way of that, sometimes to a fault because I was in control and not God.
I will say that it is a bittersweet ending to 2016. It’s weird, but I know that 2017 will not allow the same habits of this year. I have friendships I’m leaving behind, habits I need to change, goals I have to accomplish and none of this will be possible if I live how I lived out this year.
I am sharing the top 5 posts of this year and the lessons we learned from each. I really hope you go back and revisit some of these pieces as it has been the best year yet for Dancing In Your Love.
- August 16, 2008 A murder that happened in my family 8 years ago, my experience, and years later. This was such a hard piece to write. I sat in my kitchen, tears rolling down my face the entire time.
- God of Miracles. Our church and our worship leaders experienced a very difficult, yet stretching season with the birth of Baby Belford. It grew us as a family, it allowed us to lock arms and believe together and till this day- the Belford’s are the strongest people I know. Can’t wait to meet you in heaven Michaela Joy! ❤
- Finally, Goodbye A goodbye letter to relationships, habits, fears. Letting anger and resentment go is such a freeing experience.
- I think I am finally clean I was finally able to write about a break up I experienced almost 2 years ago. It taught me so much, especially a few tips on getting through tough seasons.
- An Apology on Behalf of America There was so much anger, frustration and commotion that we experienced as a nation after the election. I was saddened to see and hear the opinions on immigration that belittled people as humans so I respond.
As you end this season, and begin the next one, I want you to believe in yourself. Believe that the Lord has a plan and a purpose for your life. I believe this is the year of application. I have learned and experienced so many lessons this year and it would be a waste of 2017 if I didn’t apply myself. I believe you have great potential stored up that you are not even capable of seeing or understanding. The only way to tap into that is to know the Lord, because then you’ll get a glimpse of who you were created to be.
I hope you continue to walk with me and to discover the beauty of dancing in His love. Here is to many more lessons, to chasing and accomplishing our dreams, and to forever Dancing in His love.
“Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!”
Happy New Year! ❤
See you in 2017.